Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rambling through March

Well since the return from the Texas trip, I have been back to Memphis for a wedding and am now at home for one more day until we jump in the car and head west to Vegas for an event. I will however spend some time to and from birding around the route. I am planning to hit Colorado pretty hard as well as possible side trips to CA and into NM.
To recap the last few weeks:
I added 129 new birds for the year in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Tennessee.  Fifteen life birds were added during this trip which is a whole lot more than I had expected-
Lark Bunting, Audubon's Oriole, Aplomado Falcon (not and ABA bird, but cool) Mountain Plover, Ferruginous Pygmy-Owl, Crimson-collared Grosbeak, Fulvous Whistling-Duck, Green Parakeet, Black-vented Oriole, Altamira Oriole, Olive Sparrow, Sprague's Pipit, Yellow-faced Grassquit, Clay-colored Sparrow (which I swore I had already!), and Seaside Sparrow.
Ladybird added a ton of lifers and year birds too so all in all it was a killer trip. Now back in Ohio for a day and the snow has pretty much dissappeared and its a pleasant 40 degrees outside. tonight I am meeting Prettybird for a little while to hopefully add woodcock to the year list before hitting the road again tomorrow morning!

I promise to try to be better about posts followers....it is just kind of hard after a huge long day...

Here are a few more of my favorite pics from the Texas trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment